Practical guidance for Visual Studio Architecture Tooling, which is focused on modeling tools. This release includes common usage scenarios, hands on labs, and lessons learnt from the community discussions.
The scenarios include understanding and reverse engineering an existing application or starting a new application from scratch. These are both common challenges that any dev lead or architect faces. The intent is to present you with examples that show how these
tools can support you in real world scenarios, and to provide you with practical guidance and checklists, instead of an in-depth tour of the product features.
Visual Studio Architecture Tooling Guidance TOC blog and monitor the Visual Studio ALM Rangers
blog, using tag
tfsag, for the latest information on this project.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers, who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, members of Microsoft Consulting Services,
Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
What is in the package?
The content is packaged in separate zip files to give you the choice of selective downloads, but the default download is the first of the listed packages:
- Guidance contains scenario based practical guidance, frequently asked questions and quick reference posters
- Contains guidance and quick reference posters
- Hands-on Labs (HOL) includes: HOL documents that provide walkthroughs of the technology, based on the guidance
- HOL Package includes a setup part which prepares and configures your environment for this lab
- Overview and “how to” Videos
In addition you will find informative videos in the downloads and the sample source code of the Scenarios Visual Studio Extension Guidance Package, which is based on the hands-on lab (HOL) “Creating extensions with the feature extension”. The Visual Studio
Extension can be downloaded from the
Visual Studio Gallery.
- Abhimanyu Singhal, Alan Wills, Bijan Javidi, Christof Sprenger, Clemens Reijnen, Clementino de Mendonca, David Trowbridge, Edward Bakker, Eric Golpe, Francisco Xavier Fagas Albarracín, Gaurav Aggarwal, Hassan Fadili, Hosam Kamel, John Bergman, Marcel de
Vries, Mathias Olausson, Michael Lehman, Randy Miller, Raul Guerrero Carreon, Rob Steel, Shawn Cicoria, Suhail Dutta , Tiago Pascoal, Willy-Peter Schaub
- Enrico Antonacci, Eric Golpe, Francisco Fagas, Fermin Cardenas, Hosam Kamel, Jean Marc Prieur, John Bergman, Jon Guerin, Raul Guerrero Carreon, Willly-Peter Schaub
How to submit new ideas?
The recommended method is to simply post ideas to the
Discussions page or to contact the Rangers at
Post comments on the
Black Eagle, living at
http://birdsofprey.co.za/ and our proud